Monday, March 18, 2013

clues


March 18th

Dear Wisdom, I wasn't thrilled when I spent my whole time in Mole not having a baby and I got back here only to try to not deliver you still.   My de-stressing, re-stressing, and languishing lasted most of today.   Then I got a grip of whose in control here and I remembered that I'm not totally not in control.   I am carrying you.  You're not carrying me...although you have sustained me in so many ways these long months.   I went to the roof which is simultaneously humbling and empowering...sitting under the stars.   
Clue 1- On Sunday, March 17th, I wrote to midwife Extrordinaire, Stephanie Williams, saying that I'd be ready for our deliverance in 10 days.   Today I realized that 10 days is March 27th when we'll be in Port au Prince with Stephanie.   I didn't have to run downstairs for the iPhone to tell me that March 27th is a full moon because I didn't know that it was but then, I knew it was/is.   

Clue 2- during the past 9 months, when I've tried to do yoga and sun salutations, it's always the moon salutation that come out  

Clue 3- from most angles, you look like a FULL moon

Clue 4- One of my favourite Aboriginal tales is called When Coyote was the Moon.   So when I realized you are about to be born on the full moon and in light of the fact that we can't seem to think of or like or agree pm a boy's name, I ran downstairs and said to Papa: what about Coyot (with a silent "e") for a name and he said "that's not bad".    Had I been more awake and lucid I wouldn't have dared suggest that we name you Coyote but then I wouldn't have heard Papa's response which is the most positive I've heard in response to my boys names suggestions.   Coyot(e).   

So there you have it.   In the light of the FULL MOON of March 27th or 28th, we will welcome you to the full light of life outside the womb.   We are excited and nervous.   We are ready and not at all ready.   

No comments: