Friday, September 26, 2008

Gabriela Goes to School

Just thought I'd share the big event of the day. Gabriela went to "school" for the first time today! We enrolled her at a Montessori school, which starts out with a day-care and then moves on to Kindergarten and then regular school. She'll probably do about 3-4 months in the day-care part and then move up to another level.

It's a nice place, called Boucle d'Art. I will bring her everyday between 7 and 7:30 and Martha will pick her up at 3 (except Fridays, which is 1:00). When Esther comes back we'll figure out another schedule.

It took me a while to get her there. I wanted to bring her earlier in the week but IOM lost 2 vehicles (and our entire office) in Gonaives and so they sent my truck to Gonaives - so I've been without for most of the week.

I think she's really going to like it! As you all saw this summer, she loves people, loves kids and loves to get involved in activities. She'll have a lot of fun.

I've been preparing her to go for the last few days, telling her we were going to school, that she was going to play with other kids, etc. I even bought her a new backpack in Canada and she loves it. This morning we got the backpack out and she got so excited. She rushed to get dressed and then put it on! She kept saying "airplane, airplane, airplane." I think she thought we were going on an airplane because she got to carry her own bag when we went on the plane last week!

Anyway, enjoy the pics!




No comments: