Sunday, August 19, 2007

Gabri Goes Goodbye



Well, Gabriela is becoming an independent young lady and her new thing is walking to the gate, opening it, and walking out the door. She also loves to wave "goodbye." It's quite cute. This is all good practice, since today, for the first time since July 20, 2006, she is without at least one of us. Yes, we left her for a week with her nanny back in Dezam. We're heading out of the country for a few days and since she doesn't have papers yet, she can't travel. Sooooooooo . . . we left her this morning with a mixture of trepidation, worry, excitement for the freedom and eager anticipation for when we see her again on Sunday. We'll let you know how it goes!

Matt and Esther

1 comment:

Jodi Renshaw said...

Ahhh... I loved watching this video. Not only because Gabri is adorable, but because I miss the sounds of Haiti and was able to hear some of them in your video. My Haitian-born son also watched and loved it :)

I hope you both have a safe and enjoyable trip. It won't be easy to leave Gabri, I know. I had to leave my son in Haiti twice ... and although I know that you are quite comfortable there and that she is safe ... it is never easy to be an ocean away from your little one. But soon she will be able to come with you!

Can't wait to read about your travels and your return.

Love,
Jodi