Friday, February 24, 2012

I bought 3 lightbulbs at a store in Petionville. The people at the store sent me a couple blocks lower to get a key cut for our household help (which is a fancy phrase meaning the woman who folds our clothes, many for the first time they've been folded). The key cutting place what would a back alley except there were just more houses directly behind the front houses. The key cutter had 45cm square of the table to put his key-making machine and a clamping device. The rest of his table was being used to make cherry juice to go with the rice, beans, and chicken that was being prepared in front of a adjacent table and assembled on it. That was fun to watch while waiting for my key to be cut. This is handy if a restaurant springs up in your front or back yard and you need a job! But it also made me think what good training this was for people McDonald's workers and that made me feel sad. So even more interesting was a pivot away watching the key guy operate his key-cutting machine using only his hands.
Watching him made me wonder what corners we could cut in North America to save electricity (and maybe even gain some muscles and improve our dexterity and feed our ingenuity at the same time). While you are thinking about that, I'll be sleeping but I'll write more on this tomorrow. e
E

No comments: